SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY DUI LAWYER -- STOCKTON DUI ATTORNEY
MICHAEL REHM – (209) 490-5049
San Joaquin County lies at the geographic center of the enormous inland San Joaquin Valley, known as the food basket of the world. The county's delta waterways and sophisticated transportation network serve a rich array of farming, manufacturing, and recreational opportunities. The county's seat in Stockton anchors its diverse economy, supporting a population of about 700,000, spreading from Lodi in the north to Manteca in the south.
DUI Charges in San Joaquin County
Whether involving visitors to the region's many outstanding wineries or hard-working residents, San Joaquin County law enforcement arrested 2,154 persons on DUI charges in the latest year for available statistics. About 77% of those arrests were of men, and the other 23% women.
Most DUI arrests are for first offenses. In 2016, there were 662 first offenses, 225 second offenses, 77 third offenses, and 22 fourth-or-more offenses. Penalties, of course, increase for each higher offense level. Michael Rehm helps clients defend and defeat these charges, no matter the offense level.
DUI Convictions in San Joaquin County
San Joaquin County's over two-thousand annual DUI arrests resulted in just over 1,900 convictions in the latest year for available statistics, making for a 76.5% conviction rate. The conviction rate for a Wet Reckless was 9.8%, and there was no record of convection for 12.4 of cases. The San Joaquin County District Attorney filed 2,668 criminal charges for traffic misdemeanors in the 2018-2019 fiscal year. Traffic misdemeanors include drunk driving, reckless driving, exhibition of speed, etc. Out of those 12,182 charges filed, 3,411 ended up in guilty or no contest plea, and only 2 ended up in front of a jury. According to the stats, there 4,535 cases that were disposed of as "other."
A look at these numbers shows that the prosecutors file a lot of charges that appear to ultimately get dismissed or reduced to infractions, which is why there are so many "other" resolutions to these cases. This is consistent with the extremely low amount of jury trials conducted.
Whether to negotiate a plea bargain, or defend the DUI charge at trial depends on each defendant's circumstances and case. Stockton CA DUI Lawyer Michael Rehm helps clients choose the best defense strategy.
San Joaquin County Court
The San Joaquin County Superior Court's Criminal Division hears and decides DUI charges. Its three locations include the main courthouse in Stockton with branches in Lodi and Manteca.
For what to expect in court and how the law applies to your case, call San Joaquin County / Stockton CA DUI Attorney Michael Rehm at (209) 490-5049 for a free consultation.
Stockton DUI Attorney -- Manteca DUI Lawyer -- Lodi DUI Defense
Free Consultations – (209) 490-5049
San Joaquin County DUI Resources:
San Joaquin County Superior Court Criminal Division -- Stockton Courthouse, Manteca Branch, Lodi Branch
San Joaquin County Court Calendar
San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office
San Joaquin County Jail