AMADOR COUNTY DUI LAWYER - JACKSON CA DUI ATTORNEY
MICHAEL REHM - (209) 490-5049
Many residents of Amador County have roots that go back for generations. Prospectors who pan for gold have given way to Shenandoah Valley winemakers. Some of the county's Zinfandel vineyards have been in existence for more than one hundred years.
DUI Charges in Amador County
Visitors to wineries are always at risk of arrest for driving under the influence (DUI) if they pack too many wine tastings into a single afternoon. In the most recent year for which statistics are available, 176 drivers were arrested for DUI in Amador County. That arrest rate doesn't change much from year to year.
Of Amador County's 176 DUI arrests, 95.5% result in misdemeanor charges. The other 4.5% are charged as felonies. A felony is often charged when a DUI results in a serious injury accident. Prosecutors also have the choice to charge a felony if the arrested driver has three previous DUI convictions within the last ten years.
DUI Convictions in Amador County
Amador County District Attorneys obtain DUI convictions in slightly less than 75% of their cases. When DUI convictions are avoided, the driver's lawyer has usually negotiated a reduction of charges, has filed motions that persuade the prosecutor to dismiss the case, or has won an acquittal from a jury.
A “wet reckless” is a common plea bargain in Amador County. The reduced charge carries less jail time and lower fines than a DUI while potentially avoiding the license suspension that automatically follows a DUI conviction. About 9% of Amador County DUI prosecutions end with a conviction of “wet reckless.”
Another 2.8% of Amador County DUI cases are plea bargained to “dry reckless.” That form of reckless driving carries penalties that are similar to “wet reckless” but will not count as a prior offense if a driver is later arrested for DUI.
The final 13.6% of Amador County DUI cases end with no conviction at all. Those cases were either dismissed before trial or ended with a “not guilty” verdict.
Whether arrested drivers should pursue a plea bargain or a trial depends on the facts of each case. Jackson CA DUI Lawyer Michael Rehm can offer an opinion about the best defense strategy for drivers who were arrested for DUI in Amador County.
Amador County Court
There is only one courthouse in Amador County, it is located at 500 Argonaut Lane Jackson, CA 95642. All matters, including DUI cases, are heard at this location.
For more information on what to expect in court, or how the law applies to the facts of your case, call DUI Attorney Michael Rehm at (209) 490-5049 for a free consultation.
Jackson DUI Attorney - Ione DUI Lawyer - Sutter Creek DUI Defense
Free Consultations - (209) 490-5049
Amador County DUI Resources: